Posts Tagged salmon
I love the excuse, cook a pie for pi day. A cheap play on words and its more motivation in the kitchen! My pie was a fish one (Sorry for the title being so misleading), and it was good.
I swear Tescos (English supermarket) wants you to make fish pie, they have special salmon, cod and haddock packages and there’s even a recipe on the back of a parsley sauce packet (yes i cheated on that front..)
I took a cheesy picture on my laptop but photobooth was a right pain in the arse and i couldn’t work out how to turn flash off, as a result here’s the finished glaring product (that is a love heart in the middle not an upside down pair of testicles)
The recipe was fairly straight forward, and I’m sure there are loads of great ones out there, but the one i went for was:
Fish (of your choice)
Milk – 300ml (I know, a measurement!)
Parsley powdered sauce (from any supermarket)
Any other veg you want!
1. Heat up a little milk in a pan and add the fish to it.
2. When the fish looks cooked then take it out of the milk, add the rest of the milk and the parsley powered sauce to the heated milk and turn down the heat a little.
3. In the mean time, fry you veg and boil your potatoes.
4.Once the veg and sauce is cooked, wack the fish, the sauce and the veg all in a cooking pot.
5. Once the potatoes are boiled drain them and add some butter and mash!
6. Cover the potatoes on top of the fish and veg.
7. Grate some cheddar/ parmesan/ cheese fo your choice on top.
8. Put in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
Get involved with your knife and fork, it’s ready!
cod, controversy, cooking, cooking pot, cuisine, culinery skills, dinner, fish one, fish pie, food, haddock, happiness, hope, leek, mash, News, opinion, parsley sauce, pi day, pie, potato, salmon, social life, student, student cooking, success